Ketchup/Catch-up

Little neglected blog...where do I begin? Life has been a bit of a blur lately. I guess it's fair to say that we've been in a blue period around here. Lots of transition, change, struggles. It's kinda felt like we having been living in a state of cautious living, as though life is a giant gasp with no exhale point. Not to worry about me and Russ as a couple or the kidlet - in that respect we are fine and for that I am so grateful.

I don't want to say more in a public forum like this, so I'll push on and share some things that have been happening in our little corner of the world. I have a job. Real pay cheque, boss, commute type of working. It's been so long since I've been out of the work force, and not going to lie, the searching was terrible. Hard on the soul, bruising to the ego, littered with terrible self doubting moments. My heart goes out to all those searching for a place to fit, it's so not easy.

I look back on my little job hunting journey that took 3 months and try to figure out what the lesson was... hmmmm, will have to get back to you on that one. I have to say that discovering my new job was the result of a serendipitous, walk through the door, silly prompting kind of moment. Everything fell into place, even the 4 week wait to start was a disguised blessing that allowed me to take part in Annie, get incredibly sick and then well enough to start without being the flaky new girl who is already missing work cause she's sick.

I work out past Fort Sask, a quiet 40 K drive through farmland and industry that overlooks some of the most darling hobby farms and agriculture compounds you've ever seen. I was worried about the drive, but so far it's been no problem and has passed quickly as I listen to various books on CD borrowed from the library. I work at a large manufacturing facility and I can honestly say that I'm learning gobs of info every single hour I'm there. I'm really loving it and my family has been incredibly supportive of this transition - so I feel crazy lucky and blessed.

I know this is cryptic post, but I'm feeling somewhat more cautious about what I share these days, but a lesson I can share is this: Keep moving. Even if life has tossed you on a road not of your choosing...keep moving forward and working hard to find your way. It may mean that you take a detour, but maybe it's the scenic route and perhaps it's the better journey.

Love to you and yours and prayers for all those experiencing a bumpy journey, may smooth roads lay ahead...

Popular posts from this blog

Barn Star Tutorial

The Faithful Donut

Firewood Storage Ideas