Orphan Apron and Pinafore

I don't claim to be a seamstress. In fact the thought of someone inspecting my stitching sends me into a panic. I survive only because a seam ripper exists and I'm not afraid to use it. HA! What I do bring to the sewing table is a love for reworking vintage and gently used items into something different...in this case - Kiki's orphan outfit. I found a cheap boys shirt and a plain loose spaghetti strap jumper and morphed them together for this little creation. The full outfit requires a top and some bloomers but here's a glimpse at the apron and pinafore. My favorite cheat was cutting the button strip and button holes off the shirt and sewing them onto the back because I would NEVER be able to create perfectly spaced button holes and place the buttons just so. The spagetti straps were way too delicate looking and I ended up beefing them up with with the cuffs of the shirt. I love how it looks, and hopefully the production team will give me the thumbs up and I'll be half way done!

Popular posts from this blog

Barn Star Tutorial

The Faithful Donut

Firewood Storage Ideas