Another Year

This may be the sleepiest birthday boy ever. Had to wake him up to have some cake! If you want to sleep on your birthday, who I am I to argue?
I literally slaved the afternoon away on this cake and it kinda looks terrible, but it tastes fabu! I don't know what it was about the German chocolate frosting but it would NOT boil in the double boiler. I literally stood there stirring over a steamy pot for 30 minutes before I gave up and put it directly on the burner. The birthday dinner was homemade lasagna, garlic bread, green salad and German chocolate cake for desert. I used this recipe and would recommend to anyone.
Not much time to art but I've been doing simple sketches in my art journal that I hope to revisit. Trying to draw a pregnant girl as I've been asked to make a drawing for a girl at my church who is expecting. We'll see what comes of it! P.S. This is not an announcement!!! Haha.

Popular posts from this blog

The Faithful Donut

Barn Star Tutorial

Firewood Storage Ideas