These are a few of my favorite things...

Working at the church for the past three days has really been a great experience. I've truly enjoyed setting up the children's room and have been feeling such a lovely sense of inner contentment and satisfaction. Spending 3 days surrounded by almost a thousand nativities of all shapes and sizes, really gets you in the spirit of Christmas, even if it has had the opposite effect on my desires to decorate my own house for Christmas.

I thought I'd share a few of my favorite little nativities as homage to the past few days...I'll share more after the exhibit is finished, because I don't want to spoil anything for those planning on attending.
I love vintage paper and postcard and discovered this little treasure tucked away in the cultural hall. I was instantly in love with such a precious time worn little paper. The repeated image is so lovely and the wonderful aged qualities of the corner and fold lines warm my heart.
I soon discovered that I have an infinity towards nativities that feature only Mary, Joseph and the Christ child. I imagine it's because I relate to that little trio of people but I also find the sculpture of the three of them simple and powerful.

I especially love images of the three of them that are carved in wood. The above is a perfect example of a nativity that delights me. I've taken photos of this very nativity for the past 3 years and I'm never happy with the photograph, probably because the real thing is so much better!

The nativity below is another favorite, I love the way Joseph is admiring and guarding his small family, the lovely details of movement that the carving captures, the lighted staff...come on, it's awesome.
I unpacked the next little sculpture and fell in love. It's so lovely and sweet that I haven't been able to stop looking and admiring it for the past two days. It has become my hands down favorite in the children's room and will probably hardly be noticed by most people...but that's okay, we all need our favorites.

Popular posts from this blog

The Faithful Donut

Barn Star Tutorial

Firewood Storage Ideas