Inspired by Pauline Baynes

I have a lovely version of the Narnia books that I picked up at second hand book shop. It's The Complete Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis with illustrations hand-colored by the artist, Pauline Baynes. I love the images in this book so much it sent me on a little search to find more work of Ms. Baynes and learn more about her as an artist. I discovered that she was the favorite illustrator of both C.S. Lewis and Tolkien himself, which really isn't that surprising since they were best friends. She recently passed away at the age of 85 and has illustrated over 100 books, one of her more recent clients wrote a lovely tribute to her here. I really love her work - so detailed and with a very consistent style of her own.

Popular posts from this blog

The Faithful Donut

Barn Star Tutorial

Firewood Storage Ideas