Diligence

I've decided that instead of a word, I'm going to focus on an attribute I'd like to more fully develop in my life. There are some great attributes to concentrate on...such as obedience, diligence, humility, patience, knowledge, virtue, charity and love, hope and faith. I've been thoughtfully pondering these qualities and using the wonderful attribute activity found in a church manual, I've decided that I most need to develop the quality of diligence in my life.

It became clear to me this was an area that required more attention when I answered sometimes to each of the following statements:
  • I work effectively, even when I'm not under pressure or close supervision.
  • I focus my efforts on the most important things.
  • I have a personal prayer at least twice a day.
  • I focus my thoughts on my calling as a missionary
  • I set goals and plan regularly.
  • I work hard until the job is completed successfully.
  • I find joy and satisfaction in my work.
I might revisit this attribute in six months time and then refocus on another attribute I would like to develop, or perhaps, stay put. I'm actually kind of pumped to begin this little spiritual journey and focus, and in truth have been working hard on it for the past few days, and realize what a treasure trove of learning lies ahead of me.

Popular posts from this blog

The Faithful Donut

Barn Star Tutorial

Firewood Storage Ideas