Thoughts on Being a Homebody followed by a RANT.

I realized today that I am a happy homebody. Don't get me wrong, I still have moments when I yearn to get...out...of...the...house! But for the most part, I could quite easily become a hermit and on the coldest darkest days of winter, at the very least have compassion for an agoraphobic.

When I first decided I was going to work from home, I had some major issues with the idea of being alone for most of the day (ask my poor husband). I longed for the opportunity to interact with other people...grown-ups, children, anybody! I've learned that I have to make an effort to be social by having a lunch date with a friend, getting out to the gym, walking the dog, stopping to chat with a neighbor, or picking up the phone and talking with a friend. It's taken awhile to hit my stride, and I've had to learn how to become accountable to a to do list of my own making, but I have the opportunity to pursue my dreams from the comfort of my home and I wouldn't trade it for anything (thanks to that same dear husband).

Speaking of dear husbands, and my life...people are always making judgments about my small little family. I get it, that's what people do. I'm a part of a religion where the mandate is clearly set...multiply and replenish the earth. Clearly multiplication is not my strong suit. I'm okay with this but it seems to bother other people to no end. I constantly get comments like: You can't have one child, or my new favorite, It's just going to be the two of you soon, are you ready for that?

Well guess what, I can have one child, and be grateful that I do, every single day. She's not an ONLY child she's MY child, precious and loved. And guess what else? Someday, in any successful marriage you're going to have that moment where the kids are gone and it's just the two of you staring at each other across the kitchen table. Having gobs of children won't save you from that fate, unless they live in the house with you forever (perish the thought).

Somethings, just must be defended. Rant ending. Day moving forward.

Popular posts from this blog

Barn Star Tutorial

The Faithful Donut

Firewood Storage Ideas