Creating for Christmas

50 days till Christmas and already I have Facebook friends bragging that they are done Christmas shopping. Is that sick or what? I'm tempted to call bullcrap on them, but will try to resist and have compassion for the plight of the perpetually well planned - you know who you are. I, on the other hand, am chin deep in a project for the holidays that is turning out to be too much fun and too time consuming and will quite possibly keep me busy till the night before Christmas. Ah, traditions.

In other Christmas news I've been asked to assemble and decorate the children's nativity room at this years Ornamental Nativity Exhibit that our church puts on the first week of December. Still trying to wrap my brain around this assignment and the many days it will take up. Plus lately, the phone has been ringing off the hook with other little "church" assignments people would have me do (musical numbers, teaching classes, cooking for gathering throngs to name a couple) I haven't committed to any yet, but chances are I will be turning a few down, in an effort to maintain my sanity. What is that saying...when you say yes, when you really mean no, nobody wins. We can't have that, now can we?

Popular posts from this blog

The Faithful Donut

Barn Star Tutorial

Firewood Storage Ideas