Halloween Catch-Up

Our Halloween tradition of homemade chicken noodle soup (link is to recipe I shared back in 2005) was especially welcome this year. Oh so yummy! Sorry the photo looks gross, but trust me it was delicious. I pureed the vegetables that I had used in the broth and put it all back in, which added tons of flavor. The noodle recipe is as follows:

2 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1 TBSP boiling water
1 TBSP Oil
Flour to make a stiff dough.

Flour board and roll into a large circle very thin! Let the rolled dough dry just a little, then slice in long rows and stack your pieces. Dice thin noodles. You can also roll it up jelly roll style and cut thin strips. Place on a clean cloth and continue drying till you add your noodles to the soup. I usually double this recipe.
Here's our little Roo in his brief but cute eye patch.
Some shots from around the house:
Kia adds to her potion collection every year. She displayed it in the front hallway this Halloween.
Here's the skull that has been gracing our door for the month of October and Kia just before she hit the streets with Dad for round 1 of trick or treating, then soup, then more trick or treating.
This is what I did, while they were out...

Yummy caramel apples that only I have been enjoying! 1 down three to go!The traditional after Halloween game...Candy Store:
I'm her best customer.

Popular posts from this blog

Barn Star Tutorial

The Faithful Donut

Firewood Storage Ideas