Q & A's

What's something you saw in a shop recently and wanted, but didn't buy? Greenland Garden Center had stems of Huge Pink Peonies for $5 each in the fresh flower fridge. It's an odd thing but I totally remember wanting some and having an inner arguement regarding purchasing a stem or two. I didn't, but I still wish I had picked up two. They would have been $10 worth of happiness on my counter.

What's your current obsession? Gardening, Roopert, painting and finding that "smell" in the basement. For real...the joys and smells of dog ownership.

What's for dinner? Um. Good question. I toyed with the idea of doing something in the Dutch Oven, but that will require a shopping trip for many things. Not interested in that. So probably mac and cheese.

What are you listening to right now? The faint sound of the tv on upstairs and the louder sound of the dryer turning behind me.

What's your favorite quote right now? I just put this one in my side bar last week. Love! : "Progress, and improve upon and make beautiful everything around you. Cultivate the earth, and cultivate your minds. Build cities, adorn your habitations, make gardens, orchards, and vineyards, and render the earth so pleasant that when you look upon your labors you may do so with pleasure, and that angels may delight to come and visit your beautiful locations. In the mean time continually seek to adorn your minds with all the graces of the Spirit of Christ." - Brigham Young

What's your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe? A little black jacket that finally fits.

Do you admire anyone's style? Does Sarah Richardson count? I love her and everything she designs.

What inspires you? I've walking the dog a lot and nature is a huge inspiration for me. Seeing beautiful gardens and landscapes fills my mind with ideas and images that truly inspire me and make me appreciate this beautiful place I'm planted in. Of course, a clean space is always inspirational but usually I just mess it up as I'm inspired and self defeat the effect.


Do you collect something? I have a vast collection of vintage postcards circa 1900 - 1905. My favorites are the ones that have been written on and sent, little letters saved over time. I don't pursue things with the idea of collecting them, though to the eyes of others they would clearly say that I collect books, ribbon, art and candy wrappers, because I always have copious amounts lying around.

What's your go to nail polish color? Pink (toes only)

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? The Spa! I would need an emergency medi pedi stat!

Tag, you're it!

Popular posts from this blog

Barn Star Tutorial

The Faithful Donut

Firewood Storage Ideas