The Flush


So, I've been working on getting healthier. I don't have any ulterior motives. I just want to be healthy and comfortable in my skin again. The exercise I've been doing is slowly producing more energy in my days, so yay for that. I also just started on a vitamin and mineral supplement plan. Last night I took Niacin (B3) for the first time in a long time.

HOLY CRAP.

For some reason when everything I read about Niacin talked about the flushing affect that accompanies it, I thought it would exclude me. "No, I won't have to worry about that," I stupidly told myself because I seriously thought I would somehow be immune. I was advised take a couple baby asprins a half hour before popping the Niacin tablet, right before bed for the best benefit. Fifteen minutes later in bed...I felt this strange sensation in my stomach and them WHAMMO - I was on fire. My skin was red like I was Hell-Boy's hornless sister. I literally went from pastey Canadian white to Mexico sunburn red in under a minute. I'm not going to lie, I had me a minor panic attack over this one.

Poor Russ just wanted to go to sleep, and instead is stuck with a wife that has suddenly turned into a volcano, he was slightly worried over my reaction. I was literally about to claw my skin off. I would rather workout for an entire day than go through that 5 minutes of flushing. Eegad. Clearly, not reaping my goal of being comfortable in my own skin (and dude Menopause just took on a whole new level of horror)...It's supposed to get better. So they say. I'm going to half my dosage tonight and see what comes of it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Faithful Donut

Barn Star Tutorial

Firewood Storage Ideas