Reading. Listening. Watching.

Reading:

The Christmas Candle by Richard Paul Evens - A great message about how the true light of Christmas can cast light on strangers and make us see them as loved ones.

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke - What a great book, for anyone that loves stories, this book is the ultimate adventure. The movie's coming out soon...but I think you should read the book first. I'm curling up with Kia this Christmas season and reading her this one and hopefully she read a few chapters on her own.

Watching:

One Magic Christmas - Kia and I watched this one together last night and both of us were glued to the screen. I've seen it many times before, but somehow this year it was even more meaningful. When I think of all the people who are struggling this Christmas, this movie reads as current as today's headlines and the humanity possible at Christmas is captured beautifully.

The Nativity Story - We haven't seen this yet, but have plans to watch it on Christmas Day. I've heard fantastic things about this movie from friends and look forward to watching it with my family on Christmas.

Listening:


Spirit of the Season - every year I discover a new Christmas CD that delights me. This year it's hands down this one. Sissel is a guest performer with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the combination is superb!

Boney M - the classic Christmas album in my life. Takes me back to my childhood and I can sing along to every song. Now I'm passing this ability down to my daughter. Tradition!

What are you reading, watching and listening to this Christmas?

Popular posts from this blog

Barn Star Tutorial

The Faithful Donut

Firewood Storage Ideas