Halloween Night 2008

Another Halloween Night conquered! The weather has been so mild lately and Halloween night was no exception. I spent the afternoon at Kia's school for the annual afternoon of festivities that the school puts on. When we got home we carved a pumpkin and then I started making our Halloween night tradition of homemade chicken noodle soup. I invited our neighbor over to join us this year, so we had something besides work to talk about at the supper table. Which, let me tell you, is a welcome relief for all of us these days.

Russ and Kiki hit the streets and I stayed home to hand out candy. This is the first year that I have come close to be cleaned out. I had to refill the candy bowl twice and for those of you that have seen our giant candy bowl, you know what a feat this is! My neighbor stayed and visited with me, while the kids kept coming. I should have just stood at the front door, the stream of people was so steady for a solid 30+ minutes. My SIL mentioned how people loaded up candy on her youngest and I'm guilty of that also. Little and cute, well that is a recipe for a huge candy dump. I'm also pretty generous to teenagers cuz I truly believe it's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Popular posts from this blog

The Faithful Donut

Barn Star Tutorial

Firewood Storage Ideas