Summer Snacks

I thought I'd share some summer snack ideas...two of which I totally snagged from the web (and can't recall from where, but they are awesome sites and I hope to come back and share the link when I finally find the sites again - DUH - Make and Takes...):

Frozen grape kebabs...oh how I love thee. So yummy. These have become my breakfast snack this summer. In my house they are all mine just me and Kia enjoy these, but I imagine in most they would be a family snack occasion. For kids I would recommend using lollipop sticks, for grown-ups the basic bamboo skewer works great.
The peas are ripe and ready for munching in the garden...and oh, how we are munching! Is there anything yummier than fresh, sweet peas right off the vine. Heavenly...
And finally, my newest discovery...homemade granola bars. Decadent and not healthy...but YUMMY. I changed the original recipe to suit what I had on hand at the time...here's the recipe:
  • 2 1/2 cups quick rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup Special K cereal (or Rice Krispies or whatever cereal like substance you have)
  • 1/4 cup coconut
  • 1/2 cup M&M's (I used the big ones cuz I couldn't find the mini's)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar (I used the dark stuff)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup margarine or butter
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
Mix it all up till combined. Press into a pan and I mean press, like pull your potato masher out and push down with all the muscle you got...I used a 9x9 pan. 9x13 works a tad better, so the rumor goes. Bake for 18 minutes at 350'F. Cool, then score cutting marks along the top. My family loved em...hopefully yours will also! FYI: this stuff smells crazy good while cooking. So this recipe could potentially cover up any odorous house odors you would like to hide, while stuffing your face with yumminess.

Popular posts from this blog

The Faithful Donut

Barn Star Tutorial

Firewood Storage Ideas